A type is a distinction for a different type of Giving Interaction. The default interaction types for Giving are "Monetary", "InKind", and "Other".
A campaign is an organized series of activities to achieve a goal. With regard to different interaction types, a campaign is typically a structured program designed to raise monies or resources for a specific item. You can name and categorize your campaigns in any way you would like. For example, you may have three campaigns to raise money:
As an example, if your organization was committed to raising funds for breast cancer research, then you would define a "Breast Cancer Research" campaign.
Within VolunteerMatters' setup you may define interaction types. To create an interaction, you may follow these steps:
- Log into VolunteerMatters, click on Setup > Interaction Types
- Click the 'Edit' icon on Giving Interactions
- Enter a unique name for this giving interaction type in the "Add New Choice" field and click the "Add" button.
- Move the interaction in the list by highlighting it and clicking the Up or Down button.
- Click "Save"
You may also define specific campaigns. When entering giving interactions you may associate these transactions with a campaign. To create a campaign, you may follow these steps:
- Log into VolunteerMatters, click on Setup > Campaign List
- Click 'Add'
- Enter a unique name for this campaign, ie (2011-2012 Cake Sale)
- Enter Group Name (this will group the similar campaigns together under this group heading when selecting campaigns in the campaign dropdown)
- Check the 'Active' checkbox
- Click "Save".