An administrator may set any assignment to a "Absent" designation. This designation will record those times when a volunteer assignment has been scheduled but the contact either did not show for their assignment or canceled without sufficient notice.
- Log into your VolunteerMatters Administrative system with the proper security access roles and then click on Admin.
- Click on the calendar in the Volunteering section on which you wish to add the "No Show" to an assignment.
- From there locate the shift you wish to add assignments to and click on the hyperlinked number that is under the "Confirmed Assignments" icon () column.
- This will open the assignment detail for the shift in question within the volunteer shift list view rather than having to enter a new screen. (You will notice the rest of the Shift List View will be greyed out)
- Check "Absent" on all of the assignments you wish to designate a "Absent" and add "Admin Notes" for each (optional).
- Click "Save" to add the new assignments and stay within the assignment details or "Save and Return" to return to the shift list view.
Note: This will automatically update the Volunteer Interaction on the Contact's record to the volunteer type: Shift Absence and the start and end time will be identical so the time will be equal to zero.