Log into your organization's VolunteerMatters Administrative Site with the correct administrative privileges.
- Click on 'Admin, then 'Database' ().
- Locate the Contact you wish to manage and click on 'View Record Details' icon/link on the right ().
- Locate the 'Basic Information'** in the top left and click 'Edit'
- This will expand the box down to reveal editable fields.
- If the record has an online photo uploaded, the system will display the contact’s photo in this box as well.
- Online photo is located near the bottom of the expanded 'Edit' screen.
- If the contact does not have a photo it will only include a "Browse" button. If they already have a photo it will note that a "photo exists" and include a "remove" button:
- To add the photo you will select "Browse", this will open a file browser on your PC. You will need to locate the image desired and highlight it and click 'Open'.
This will populate the field with the file path of the image from your local machine. Then click "Update" and the image will be uploaded and associated with that contact record.
- If you need to remove the image you will click edit on the "Basic Information" group and click "Remove" and then "Update".
Please Note: While the Contact Database will for the most part re-size larger images when uploaded via the Contact Record, a larger file (above 512KB) can sometimes produce abnormal results and cause an upload failure. Also, if the dimensions can not be converted to bring one successfully below 200px the error can occur as well. For images that cause an error (and to avoid automatic system resizing), we recommend resizing the image (for clarity and quickness of upload) before uploading via the Contact Record. A good image size is around 133w X 200h.
**This is the default group name and location for the online photo field. This may have been changed for your organization. Please click here for more information.