- Download the QuickBooks Web Connector at http://marketplace.intuit.com/webconnector
- Execute the installation file downloaded (e.g. if saved to your Desktop, double click on icon.. otherwise find where you saved the downloaded file 'QBWebConnectorInstaller.exe' and double click on it)
- Make sure QuickBooks Pro 2006 (or greater) with the company file you wish to use is open, and you are logged in with your Administrator account. You can add the connection to the
Closerware System in either of two ways:
- Install the "qwc" file given to you by Closerware, by just double clicking on it from the desktop or wherever you saved it to your hard drive. To obtain a "qwc" file simply make a request to our support department.
- Open the WebConnector from your Start > Programs > QuickBooks menu, and click the Add Application button on the bottom right of the WebConnector screen. Then find the location of the "qwc" file given to you by Closerware, select it and it will be added to the list of applications in the WebConnector.
- A blue dialog box will come up asking you to Authorize New Web Service. Basically this is just accepting the Secure Certificate for https://www.closerware.com and saying that you trust the QuickBooks file to connect to this web service. So click “Ok”.
- Side Note: If anything else comes up, or if the blue dialog does not have our full information, or says it can’t be trusted.. you may have to open up an Internet Explorer browser and go to https://www.closerware.com/qbengine to accept and possibly install the certificate.
- Set to “Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running”
- Select a user to run as (Choose the Admin)
- DO NOT need to check the bottom box allowing access to personal data.
- Click “Continue….”
- It’ll show the summary of your changes.
- Click “Done”
If you're having trouble getting it to connect to the Closerware QuickBooks Web Service, here are some tips to insure that everything is set up properly:
- Make sure the password you have entered is correct. Passwords are case-sensitive.
- Make sure the machine you are on has internet connectivity. You can test this by going to the https://www.closerware.com/qbengine If you have connectivity you should come to a page with the title "Closerware QB Integration Web Service"
- Make sure you have the checkbox checked that is located to the left of the "Closerware QuickBooks Web Service" application listed in the WebConnector. This must be checked for the WebConnector to either automatically run based on the "Every_Min" setting or to run upon clicking the "Update Selected" button.
- If you are still having difficulties please contact support