You may generate fulfillments based on volunteer interactions that were automatically created by the system from volunteer shift assignments and signups, those generated by barcode attendance scans, those manually created by an administrator, and those imported via VolunteerMatters import utilities.
This presents you with a listing of all volunteering interactions for your contacts. The system may contain multiple list views for volunteer interactions which you may define. Just above the list view you will see a drop-down list for the view options. This control will allow you to select from your private views (views created by you just for you) and public views (views created by an administrator who set the view to share with other administrators). You may click on the “?” to the left of the view to see the view description as set by the administrator. You may also edit existing views and create new views. For more information on managing views of all types please review the “Managing list views.” article.
Clicking “Edit” to the right of a specific interaction or clicking “Mass Edit” will allow you either delete the interaction(s) or change the Requirement Flag.
THE REQUIREMENT FLAG ON AN INTERACTION MUST BE SET TO “APPLICABLE” IN ORDER TO GENERATE A FULFILLMENT BASED ON THAT INTERACTION. BY DEFAULT, INTERACTIONS ARE MARKED AS “APPLICABLE”.
- Inapplicable – By default, all interactions are set to be “Inapplicable”. Inapplicable scans are those scans that cannot be used to generate fulfillments to requirements.
- Applicable – Only interactions marked as “Applicable” may be used to generate fulfillments.
- Applied – After using the attendance tools to generate a requirement fulfillment from an interaction, the system automatically sets the interaction to have a requirement flag of “Applied”. This flags the interaction so administrators know that it had at one time been applied as a fulfillment to a member requirement, thereby discouraging duplicate fulfillments. “Applied” scans are not available to generate fulfillments to requirements. The system does allow an administrator to manually change interaction requirement flags to or from “Applied”. This accommodates unique circumstances where a single interaction may fulfill multiple.
After you filter the volunteering interactions and marked the appropriate records as “applicable”, you may click the “Requirement Processing” button to define how you would like the interactions applied to member requirements.
- Requirement – Select the requirement this volunteer interaction fulfilled
- Fulfillment type – Select from one of the fulfillment types.
- Fulfillment Date – Chose to set the fulfillment date to the volunteer interaction date or manually designate a specific date.
- Points – Define the number of points to be credited to the contact for volunteer to this event.
- Notes – Enter any relevant notes about this fulfillment.
- Append to Notes – Choose one or more data elements from the interaction record to append to the fulfillment notes.